Welcome, new visitors from this year’s Student Blogging Challenge! To help you learn more about us, Huzzahnians are starting to publish their ABC of Me posts on their blogs.
[Missing links are from unpublished posts.]
Follow the links to find out who…
- thinks artichokes look and smell weird;
- is a fan of Messi from Argentina;
- has driven in a Mustang convertible;
- absolutely loves playing the guitar;
- is a master of DIY;
- knows what a katana is;
- likes the colour of eggplants but not their taste;
- is a Ravenclaw;
- thinks Umbridge and Voldemort are jerks;
- knows something about the octopus that I didn’t know;
- hates zombies;
- traps her brother at the top of the teeter-totter;
- loves hashbrowns;
- doesn’t like vanilla ice cream;
- hopes to visit Italy one day;
- thinks that the Xenomorph looks both creepy and cool;
- knows that quail eggs are quite small;
- has a unique collection of a certain reptile;
- is a fan of bacon;
- hates how onions make it look like you are crying when you chop them;
- has held a baby kangaroo;
- would love to meet a quokka;
- likes the quality of Rawlings baseball gloves;
- knows sign language;
- has seen elephants in Florida;
- likes opening presents at Christmas;
- thinks the Hubble telescope is mind-blowing;
- is interested in a new gadget called Popsockets;
- is curious about zebras: are they black with white stripes or white with black stripes?
Aren’t we an interesting bunch? Please follow the links, read the posts, and comment with a few ABCs of your own.
Photo Credit: Leo Reynolds Flickr via Compfight cc
Leave nothing to chance!
Two years ago, a student in Division 16 looked up the meaning of random for us: it means lacking a plan or depending on chance. But in blogging, it’s not wise to rely on chance to keep your identity safe. Take a look at my random facts below. In combination, they tell a lot about my life, but those facts don’t identify who I am, precisely where I live, when and where I do activities, or give that information about my friends or family.
So here are my 7 Random Facts:
- I am the eldest daughter of an eldest daughter of an eldest daughter (and my only daughter is also the eldest!)
- I love to make quilts.
- I have sailed around the world in a tall ship.
- I didn’t have any pets as a child, but now we have two Golden Retrievers named Luke and Solo.
- My favourite place in the world is Fernando de Noronha, an island off Brazil.
- I repeated Grade One, and didn’t learn to read until Grade Three.
- I can say “Your baby is beautiful!” in Swahili.
Look at the random facts of these students Sophie, Daniel W., and Haley. They have used a numbered list to organize their posts.
Write your own Seven Random Facts. As you write your own, think about covering a broad range of facts that your close friends and family would know about, but that don’t give away too much about you.You are writing a quality post, so proofread and get a second pair of eyes to review your work.
After you have written and posted yours, visit and comment on the 7 Random Facts of other Division 4 bloggers: notice surprises and connections–I bet you’ll find other bloggers whose random facts are similar to your own!
Image: Seven about to happen three different ways by fd Creative Commons license