About Huzzah! 2016-2017

Welcome to our classroom blog. You’ll find links to our 29 student bloggers in our sidebar.

Where are we?

Map_of_Canada

Who are we?

We are a group of Canadian grade 6 & 7 students. Our school goes to up to Grade 7 and includes a drop-in program for pre-schoolers called StrongStart. Our classroom is in the beautiful Comox Valley on Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada.

What about our strange name? Huzzah! is an old English expression of joy, encouragement, or triumph.  Listen to these fellas say it with enthusiasm. 

Teacher Blogger: Jan Smith

Save

Save

Save

92 comments

1. Hi there Huzzah. We are Year 8 New Zealand students who would love to connect with you. Our blog site is https://rm5ois.edublogs.org and we also have a twitter account – @room5ois2016
    We are new to blogging but are really getting into it. Please help us connect with others around the world.
    Look forward to hearing from you.
    Room 5, Oamaru Intermediate School, New Zealand

2. Hi Jan,
    I’m so taken with your whole blog! You’re awesome! Can I ask a question- how did you get your Twitter feed to post to your home page? I looked in widgets and don’t see it….

3. Hello Ms.smith
    I think that is is really funny that you did the Huzzah thing. I showed my little brother and he thought that it was so cool. It does get a little annoying about half way through.
    ~Kaya

4. Hi, Huzzah! You’ve inspired me to get one of those Breakout boxes. Although, too late for Pax, can’t wait to try it with some Ancient Egypt or Rome games. Let’s get our classes together.

1. Hi Mrs. Hughes,
      We think you and your students will LOVE Breakouts. And I don’t think it’s too late for Pax. I say go for it. Looking forward to connecting with you and your students.
      Jan Smith