Ms. Shari Fender, Student Teacher

We are very fortunate to have many adults working with our class this year. Some are close to home, and some far away. Ms. Fender is a student teacher living…somewhere else! We will solve the mystery of her whereabouts with her help, because she has made a video for us to help guess where she lives.

Here are seven random things about her–notice these facts don’t identify her personally. However, her picture connected to her name does, and she has given permission to share it on our blog.

Profile Pic 091. I love reading but never get time to read what I want!

2. I have 4 children involved in performance orientated arts.

3. I wish I could live on a farm or acreage.

4. I love animals but don’t have any pets.

5. I am an artist but don’t paint.

6. I am allergic to wheat, yeast, soy, and dairy.

7. I love technology and love learning how to learn about it.

In class, we’ll view Ms. Fender’s video and then do some educated guessing about where she comes from.  Huzzahnians, what clues helped you? At what point did you have enough information to make a reasonable prediction?

32 comments

1. Hi Mason!

I have a question for you. If you were asked to make a movie would you know how to record it, edit it, and then upload it to a website that your school approves of? Does your classroom have access to movie maker for windows or do you operate out of Mac?

1. Hi Riley!

You have asked a good question. I love animals very much but don’t have the time to raise it with the right attention any animal deserves so I chose for our family not to get an animal. However if I did get one it would be a Bengal Cat. Look them up on the internet using Google images and you will see a very Cool Cat!

1. Hi Ms Fender

My name is Priya. I’m from Ms Smith’s class and I watched your video. I think it is a really good for your first time. I also learnt a lot about Regina. I also think your daughter is very cute.

Bye*

1. Hi Priya!

Thanks for your kind compliments about my little baby girl. I really liked the name Jackson so when I learned that I was having a girl I just changed the spelling of her name and made it into a girls name. It is spelled Jaxyn. Her full name is Jaxyn-Sophia! Glad you had fun with the video!

2. Hi there Ms. Fender,
    Is it nice there in Regina? I know a bit about it because last year there was a guy in my class who had just moved here from Regina. Is it true that last year there was a big snow storm?
    Lizzie

1. Hi Lizzie!

Is it nice here in Regina? Well if you are a fan of snow it is! To answer your question about a snow story, have you looked that question up on the internet? Tell you what, you look it up and tell me what you found!

1. Ms Fender,
        I looked it up on the web and it said that on Thanksgiving weekend 2008, there was a big snow storm that covered parts of southern Saskatchewan. It must be pretty cold up there! How hot is it during Summer?

1. Hi Jaiden!

Glad you liked the video! What did you like the best about it? What about Regina did you find the coolest? I do agree with you that Regina is beautiful. I have been to British Columbia ever since i was old enough to remember…it is very beautiful too! I love the mountains and the ocean. I have SCUBA dived there!

1. Hi Danny!

Thank you for noticing that I have nice kids! Maybe I will make another video and introduce them to your classroom personally! Do you have any ideas on how what I should do in this video?

3. Hi,

That was really good. I thought it wasn’t to hard or to easy. I noticed you would like some acreage or a farm, your just like my Aunty Lisa. Talk to you later.

1. Hi Greyson,

You sound like a real smart student! You are also very observant. This quality in a student is a very good quality. Yes I do want to live on an acreage! I would also love to have horses. Hey, why don’t you and some of your friends make a movie for your blog? You’ll have to ask your teacher and if she agrees to this at some time from now till Dec 1 I’ll make an a tutorial for you to show you how to make a video and upload it step by step!

1. G’day Ms Fender,
        I would also be interested in how to create a video with step by step instructions using windows on a PC. I haven’t got around to that yet with my grade 6/7 students in Tasmania, Australia.

I have visited Regina and went to the RCMP Museum – fascinating work they are involved in.

1. Hi Miss W!

I will be attempting to make this tutorial soon. I want to make it in a fashion that will cover every basic concept. I am just recovering from surgery so I will begin my research next week. I am looking forward to this and thank you for your interest!

Ms Fender

1. Hi Rachel!

Good grief girl!! You are almost expert already! Not only are you good at figuring out the technology you are artistic as you like the “real life’ Regina sign insert in my movie. If your teacher would let you, I would like to make a tutorial with you at some point between now and December 1st. Would you be interested in this? If you are you have to ask your teacher first.

1. Hi Mark!

YYYEEESSSS!!!! I live in Regina, Saskatchewan! Did you guess it in the video too? To answer your question about reading I have to say that I don’t have enough time. I read University Books all day long and then when it comes to bed time reading I’m so tired that I read a couple of pages of ‘what I want to read’ and then fall asleep with the book on my FACE!

1. Hi Josh!

Glad you liked the video! What did you like about it? What didn’t you like about it? What would you do to make it better? Do you have any other ideas for some videoes?

1. HI Easton!

I look forward to spending time with your class till the first week in December. I would really like to learn what your classroom knows about using technology. Maybe I’ll make up an on-line questionnaire to figure this out! Do you know anyone in your classroom including you that would be interested in keeping track of the results? Maybe if your teacher lets you I can post the results on my University Blog!

4. Pingback: Introductory Geographical Guessing Game | Shari's ECMP 355 Blog
  5. Hi Ms. Fender.
    I liked the video that you made. I thought it was cool how you showed all those different pictures. I think it helped with the clues. It was a good video.
    Bye for now.

6. Hi Riannah!

I’m so glad that you liked the video. I am very glad that you speak about the visual cues to my vocal hints. You are the only student who brought that up. I too am a visual learner and believe that pictures help anchor the words into a person’s mind. Do you study for tests using pictures? I draw as I study.