Meet Mr. Laurie, Student Teacher

underwater picture

From Blue Devils swimming, to Chile and beyond!

Greetings to all the students and parents of Mrs. Smith’s grade 5/6 class.

My name is Mr. Laurie. I am a student teacher from Vancouver Island University. I will be a part of your classroom community over the next year. I am extremely grateful for this opportunity and thank you for your cooperation.

Being a student teacher, here in Comox, is a dream come true for me. I grew up in Comox and graduated from Highland. I love the Valley way of life and can not wait to give back to a community that has been so good to me. I look forward to sharing my stories and knowledge of growing up in the most beautiful place in the world.

I have enjoy immensely the three short days that I have spent in your classroom. You, the students are wonderful and I can not wait to know more about you. The parents that I have met are caring and supportive. I look forward to a great year with all of you.

(Mr. Laurie brings his many talents and enthusiasm for learning to the classroom–we are indeed fortunate. Parents, ask your son or daughter about what they have learned from and about him so far.  ~Ms. S.)

9 comments

1. Hi Mr Laurie! I can’t wait until we can do some more French. Hope you enjoy your time here.

From Easton the great 🙂

2. Hi, Ms.Smith

Yes, I haven’t been blogging for extremly long time and i’m pretty busy at sometimes. I’m sure i’ll write a post at some point! I hope you have a good time teaching this year!

3. Hi Everyone,
    I hope you all had a wonderful week. I really miss being a part of your class. I am currently at university in Nanaimo. I cannot wait to be back in Comox. I had so much fun teaching French and Lacrosse. You are all very talented and great students.
    Thank you, for your great comments on the blogs. I’ll be back in your class in two weeks.
    Have a great Thanksgiving.
    Bye, Mr. Laurie

4. Hi Mr. Laurie,
    I can’t wait for you to teach our class. I know we’re going to have a great year with you.

Eric.