Things are beginning to hop on our student blogs. It takes a while to learn (and in some cases, relearn) digital citizenship, commenting process and etiquette, how to work with widgets, theme customization, how to plan, write, and revise posts, how to add Creative Commons images, how to tag, categorize, and make links…It’s a tall digital order!
So now it’s time to take a look at the fruits of our labours. Students have done a few assigned posts and now they are blogging about their own interests. Follow the links, read the posts, and why not leave a supportive comment? Please leave your blog url so students can return the favour.
Amy and Will tell you about their sailing experiences.
Faith has two cute, unique pets.
Boone knows about the biggest stuff on Earth!Tools
Gillian likes to dance. Here’s why.
Brayden has learned about Pugs.
Find out what Lauren collects.
Luke can wants to know if you prefer cats or dogs.
Maya has adventures at the lunchtime zoo.
Renée shares a delicious recipe.
Sara has changed her mind about being in Band.
Cameron plays Canada’s favourite game.
Curious about longboarding? Read Ethan V.‘s post.
Josh I likes a sport you can play inside while Mike likes one you play outside.
Kenzie shares her creativity.
Liam writes about pets, not once but twice and video games, not once but twice! Bonus, one more!
Logan is putting dinner on the table.
Scott is looking forward to winter weather.
Alana has re-read this great book many times.
Tengis tells you about robots.
Andrew, Eric, and Ethan P. share their favourite video games. Cade too. Ok, and Josh J. too.
Teyia has won six medals!
Trevor is flying high and enjoying life in the water.
Do you have some great posts for us to read? Why not leave a link. Thanks for stopping by!
Photo Credit: See1,Do1,Teach1 via Compfight
Just how good are you at reading a blog? Take our OBQ!
Try this quiz: follow the links to a Huzzahnian blog, read, and leave a comment there with the answer to the clue or question presented below. When you comment leave an OBQ for your own blog–let’s find out if our Huzzahnians are as clever as you!
*Hint: answers could be in a post or on a page….
- Something in the music room is Brayden’s favourite. What is it?
- Darian is looking for a catch phrase. Can you help him?
- Faith describes a FrankenPencil. It met an awful fate. What happened?
- Why does Ethan like the colour blue?
- What three bike sports does Evan L. take part in?
- Which instrument does Maggie play?
- Tiana is a terrific soccer player. How many knee-and-foot ball juggles has she done in a row?
- Aliyah‘s dad was one of, well, a large number of kids. How many?
- What does Rachel sell at craft fairs?
- What are the names of Anthony’s pets?
- Why does Kheton like the gym so much?
- Carlos has hedgehogs. What are their names?
- What does Kaiah like to do when he’s bored?
- Anthony explains the ring of death. What is it?
- Which baseball team is Ryan’s favourite?
- Hunter likes his locker. Why?
- Heather hopes to go to the Olympics in a sport. What is it?
- Which stuffed animal smiles at Gillian?
- What does Kaiya like to do on the weekend?
- Tengis tells you about small flying things–what can they do?
- Quinn went to Florida. Which tourist attraction did he visit?
- What does Shayne dream of being when she grows up?
- What is Logan‘s favourite thing to do?
- Which position does Avery play in hockey?
- Does it take a genius to ride the swings? What does Brett think?
- Which types of monsters do you find on Mia’s blog?
- Why does Evan like dodge ball?
Good luck on the OBQ. Remember to answer on the student blogs. If you write an open-blog quiz of your own, please comment and send us the link!
Photo Credit: Rusty Clark via Compfight cc