What’s in a Word(le)?

Believe it or not, this is a graph:

It shows the frequency of words that turn up in a selected text. I took all of our About Me pages and created this Wordle. I infer the following things from this graph:

• our class is social: we value family and friendships
  • our class is active: we like to play in many ways
  • our class is full of learners: we are curious about many things
  • our class is optimistic: we have a positive outlook

So, when you look at our Wordle, what do you see?

32 comments

1. I think this Wordle is very interesting in many ways. I have never seen anything like this. I love the colours, it really makes the whole thing pop, I would love to try a wordle, it looks very creative!

2. That’s a GRAPH!? I agree with you about what you infered. I like how most of the words in the wordle are different sizes. It makes it look so much more interesting!

3. When I look at this Wordle I think I see a word from my about page- “soccer”.
    Another thing I notice about the Wordle is that everyone is different but special in their own way

4. I can’t believe thats a graph! It just looks like a big pile of words! That is pretty cool though. How do you make Wordles?

5. Wow that’s cool. When I look at this Wordle it looks like words to me but if look at the things the words mean it looks like having fun.

6. I think that it is really cool because it is like multiple colours and it’s like a giant uncatoragiesed sentince!
    I like it!