This post is written by Mr. Carmichael (Yes, that Mr. Carmichael!) over at Building Blocks. You’ll soon find a similar post at Mrs. Braidwood’s Ripple Effect and Mr. Ferneyhough’s Chili Sauce, too. Huzzahnians, I will be sending you to these blogs to comment and connect with our Valley neighbours. Visitors, please feel free to comment here or visit the blogs above and spread the blog luv around!
Halloween is this weekend. Regina’s Leader Post has some interesting information in its article.
- Americans are prepared to spend $5.8 billion dollars on Halloween this year.
- Two out of every five Americans are planning on wearing a costume this year.
- The money will be spent on candy, decorations, and costumes for adults, children, and pets.
- The average American will spend $66.28 on Halloween this year, even during these tough economic times.
- This makes Halloween the second biggest money generator for Canadian and American businesses. Halloween follows behind Christmas and leads Back to School for most money spent.
This raises some interesting questions for you to ponder….
Do these statistics surprise you? What do our spending habits around Halloween say about us as a culture?
Are you looking forward to Halloween? What has been your very best costume? What is your favourite candy treat? Do you eat your candy all at once or do you ration it, only eating a few pieces of candy a day?
Looking forward to your spooktacular comments!
Image: Candy Domo by matoutah