Distracted.

At this time of year, Gr. 7 students (ok, and their teacher) are easily distracted by thoughts of summer.

With a little determination, focused effort, and our eyes on the prize (completing elementary school!) we will hang on and leave those darned squirrels for July.

15 comments

1. Dear Ms. Smith and new Huzzahnians!
    Welcome to a new school year! We imagine we will be the first to greet you in the new academic year as we begin school so EARLY here in Florida. We all want to thank you for the postcard of the whale’s tail and for the great map on the back. I love maps! Your sailing excursion sounds like the trip of a lifetime. You have traveled by air and sea, Hawaii to Alaska. Imagine that.
    I also saw a few whales this summer off the coast of Massachusetts in Cape Cod Bay, humpback and minke whales, on a Whale Watch.
    We are looking forward to connecting with you once again this year.
    ~Mrs. Donofrio and Kids

1. Hi Mrs. Donofrio! Yes, you are the first–thank you for your greetings–we are back at it and just starting to comment on blogs.
      I am glad you enjoyed the post card, and yes, indeed, it was the trip of a lifetime. Humpbacks, killer whales, dolphins, basking sharks, eagles, sea lions, river otter and sea otters–so many fascinating creatures.
      I am glad humpbacks are making a comeback. I don’t believe I have ever seen a minke, although they are supposed to be in our area. Do they travel in pods or alone?
      Stand by for comments from Huzzahnians–here’s to another great year of blogging!
      ~Ms. Smith and her Huzzahnian minions.

1. Hi Skylar,
      Wouldn’t it be amazing if animals could talk? I wonder what they would say. I bet my dogs would say “Where’s my dinner?”
      Take care and thanks for visiting,
      ~Ms. Smith

1. Hi Brayden,
      It’s very clever of the people who wrote the script for the video to combine an important message with humour. Was there a part in the video that made you laugh especially hard?
      ~ Ms. Smith

2. I like this video too. It is funny but you can get that distracted in school too. The beginning of the video is kinda sad.

3. Dear Ms. Smith

You’re right. We should keep our eyes on work and not be distracted by squirrels and rabbits for the summer and stay focused during the other ten months.

-Kheton

1. Hi Kheton,
      Some distractions are worth paying attention to. The tough part is going back to less exciting things that still must be done. I will tell you that at the end of the day there is a little distraction just outside the classroom window: a small grey rabbit who bravely comes up from behind the fence to nibble the grass. I like watching him for a minute or two. Then I say (in my head, anyway), “See you later, Mr. Rabbit”. Thanks again for commenting on this post, Kheton.
      ~Ms. Smith

4. Hi Ms Smith,

I think that this video is a good learning curve for people who don’t listen and I could admit I do not listen at times but I am working on trying to focus like the dog. This video I think was perfect to post because it is something to learn off of and it is pretty funny.

-Brett

5. Hi Ms.Smith,
    I get distracted in class, and I think this video is a good example of when people get distracted.
    -Darian

1. Hi Mrs. Feltner,
      I think we are all like this. Perhaps it’s why we survived in the Paleolithic–notice that saber-toothed tiger before it notices you. Learning to attend to the most important things in life is a challenge for me–but I’m working on it!
      Best wishes blogging,
      Ms. Smith