Cooking with gas is a favourite idiomatic expression of mine. It means you’re on fire–full of enthusiasm–efficient–getting things done.
And we are! The student blogs are loaded with great writing worth reading. These bloggers have only been at it for a month, but I think they are really getting the hang of it, don’t you? (By the way there is a lot of great reading beyond the posts listed here–take a gander, read a little or a lot, leave a comment, leave some more…but I digress.)
There’s something here for everyone (student names are linked to the post):
- Are you interested in penguins? Do you know the difference between crows and ravens? Colt and Chelsey are experts.
- And more on birds–Mya shares cool facts about owls.
- Turtles, too. Jared has deep knowledge to share.
- Are you a sports fan? Read about Bekkam‘s love of hockey and Colton‘s latest soccer goal.
- Are you a skateboarder? Kyle, Jordan, and Jackson have reviews for you.
- From rap to a capella, Sophie‘s got the history of music.
- Want a little Halloween fright? Read Kehana and Summer‘s blogs.
- Family pets? Reece is a fan of gerbils and Kenzie has dogs, cats, and chickens!
- Do you want to remember the summer? Travel to Italy with Julia.
- Have you done something that made a difference? Read about Tristan‘ s efforts.
- Are interested in Minecraft? Max dishes the dirt on the latest 1.9 release.
- Like TV shows? Nic tells you about his favourite.
- Want a dose of creepy? Tommy has a post that will curl your toes.
- Are you hungry? Try a yummy dessert on Caitlyn‘s blog
- Looking to try designing video games? Griffin as a great post on Stencylworks.
- Find out about Charlie‘s favourite book, Brianne‘s first books, and where Mara likes to read. Oh, and read all the other Me as a Reader autobiographies on the student blogs.
- And of course you want to read some great monster stories with ink monster art by Dylan and Jack (and the whole gang–just look).
You can cook with gas, too. Read, think, comment!
image: 3D Frozen Flame – 2D friendly! by bufivla