Busy Beavers

Happy Beaver

Happy Beaver

No, we haven’t forgotten you.

Our post count might suggest we have gone underground, but we have been very busy learning up a storm–beavering along, you might say. We just finished our Heritage Fair projects and shared them at a school and a district fair, and now we are exploring government by running election campaigns for our class Goodwill Council. And we’ve worked on ratio recently, reviewed lots of other groovy math, developed our gymnastics routines, started rehearsals for The Lion King, and begun preparing for Book Bonanza.

And as Easter approaches, we investigated a  traditional art form from the Ukraine. We learned about pysanky and designed our own using traditional and invented symbols.

We’ve been gnawing on all these tasks, keeping our teeth sharp. Although there has been less blogging action than usual, our synapses are firing like mad! Friends, look for new posts and many more comments coming to a pond near you.

Image: Happy Beaver by stevehdc

16 comments

1. Yes we do–and boy it was a fun time for all of us! Some skied, some went on trips–everyone relaxed 🙂 Do you have a break of some kind in mid-year?

1. Hi I am Hayley from Pam’s class in South Australia,

I thought you guy’s blog is so great and the beaver photo is so suspieous!

bye for now Hayley

2. We are sending up a high altitude balloon 100,000 feet. We are going to attach a green balloon, a blue balloon, an orange balloon and a Cheetos bag on our payloads. The orange one is full of air, the blue one is half full, and the green party balloon is filled about ¼ of the way with air. We are also attaching a Cheetos bag – snack size on the top of the payload. Next, we will send the payload up over 100,000 feet on a high altitude balloon. What do you think will happen to the balloons and chip bag? Leave a comment on this post or one of the student posts telling what you think will happen to each balloon and the chip bag. What effect will going up almost 20 miles high have? We will post photos later to show what happened. LEAVE YOUR ANSWER (HYPOTHESIS) by clicking on the “ADD A COMMENT” tab after the photos below.

3. Hi Huzzah,
    Hi my name is Charlotte I’m from Pams class in south Australia.
    I love the the picture of the beaver.
    Also my old nickname was Beaver. not cool
    I love your post about beavers.
    From Charlotte

4. Hello

My name is Serena and i want to tell you something intresting about beavers. Beavers will protect there home and kids beavers will fight back to prtect themselves.

Hi

My name is Andy i want to know what did your whole class project look like and i hope they were great

Please vist our blog http://themenagerie.edublogs.org/

your blog is GREAT!! we will coment again next time

1. Thank you for visiting, Andy and Serena. We will visit the Menagarie–what a great name for a class blog.

1. Well, Julie, I got pretty close to one in Ontario, and they small pretty horrible. But, the noises they make are pretty interesting.