Miss Wyatt has set us a task in the first week of the Student Blogging Challenge (which began last week, so we are running to catch up). She asked us to answer this question: Why on earth should anyone visit us here at Huzzah!?
Well, to answer that question, I will ask ten more:
- Is it Spring where you are? It’s not here. It’s a rainy, windy Fall here, so we would like to be reminded of the best days of Spring. What’s like where you are?
- Do you play cricket? We don’t, but we’d like to know what it’s like. We could tell you about hockey, soccer, and lacrosse.
- Do you have a President? We don’t. We have a Prime Minister…and a Queen! (A real one, not an impostor–did I say that?)
- Do you speak Urdu? German? Swahili? We don’t. But maybe you could teach us. We could teach you how to ask to sharpen your pencil in French. We are full of practical knowledge.
- Are you surrounded by large buildings where you live? Do you have a major sports team in your city? We don’t. We live in a relatively small town, but it’s very friendly and we find lots of great things to do outdoors.
- Do you get heaps of snow in winter and have lots of snow days? We don’t. The snow is generally on the mountains which are only forty minutes away, and sadly we didn’t have a single snow day last year.
- Do you wear a uniform to school? We don’t, and we want to know what it’s like to wear one.
- Do you live near a desert and get to see cactuses –or is that cacti? We don’t. We live near the ocean in a temperate rain forest with large Douglas firs. We’d like to know what a desert is like…and a deciduous forest, and the savanna, and the tundra.
- Do you like snakes? Art? Skateboarding? Technology? Turtles–jellyfish–dogs? Music? Hockey? Math? Space? WE DO! Wow, we could learn from you! Wait until we start blogging–we will have so much to say, and we hope you will share your knowledge, thoughts, opinions, and experiences with us.
- Are you a learner? Curious about people all over the world? WE ARE! The reason to come to our blog is because we are curious about YOU. We hope that what we present on our class blog, and soon on our student blogs, will peak your curiosity and stir up some questions. Maybe you’ll tell us a little about yourself.
Glad to meet you! Thanks for visiting. Got something to say? Leave a comment after the beep. Beep!