Woohoo! Can it be we are ready to share our dances with Mrs. Braidwood’s class? Well, some of us are, and more are on the way. Our finished Pivot stick figure dance animations are beginning to roll in. Find Mrs. Braidwood’s friendly challenge here. She also shared with us a great site for finding Creative Commons music.
We were plagued by technical difficulties and slooooooow performance in Windows Movie Maker, but we persevered. We hope to have more videos posted on student blogs soon.
We developed criteria together to help us be successful in creating our animations:
- Use a Creative C0mmons Christmas image, and give credit
- Design realistic movements, not jerky or impossible movements
- Include creative moves and transitions
- Animation should fit with the background, and make use of it
- Visibilty of dancer (if the background is dark make dancer light)
- Pivot is dancing, not just moving
- Music is Creative Commons, and give credit
Tyler, who happened to be the first done, was the great trouble-shooter and technical support guy to the whole class. Here’s his creation: